UNLV Decision Support Course Evaluation Documentation and Policies
- Communication regarding course evaluations should be directed to the email@example.com email address. Response to inquiries will be conducted during normal University business hours.
- Each semester, a deadline will be enforced related to course evaluations, specifically, a deadline for colleges/departments to opt in for semester course evaluations, to finalize course and faculty lists to be evaluated, and for specifying changes to evaluation periods.
- For Spring 2022, the opt-out deadline is 23:59 PST, February 6, 2022.
- Faculty who would like their course(s) to be evaluated via Blue must go through their department/college
to get their course(s) added to the system.
- During the second week of the semester, Administrative Assistants or responsible parties will receive an
email notifying them that their tasks are ready in the Blue System for review and to opt-out.
Available information is based on the most recent data extract from PeopleSoft (which will occur the first
business day of the second week of the semester).
- When reviewing courses Administrative Assistants must note which instructors are not correct in the system, and correct these issues in the PeopleSoft system.
- Evaluation dates are automatically assigned according to class length. Administrative Assistants or
responsible parties MUST notify the course evaluation team if the assigned
dates are inappropriate for the class so that the evaluation dates can be adjusted
- Regularly scheduled courses will be evaluated the two weeks prior to final exam week during
the fall and spring semesters, and during the final week of summer term courses.
- Most modular, dynamic and other irregularly scheduled courses will have their
evaluations open towards their end date, which will vary according to the length of class, and close 2
days after the course end date.
- Per UNLV policy, courses WILL NOT be evaluated via Blue
during or after the final exam period. Courses with posted grades in MyUNLV will also be excluded from the
- Evaluation reports will be made available to faculty and departments no sooner than a week following the
grade submission deadline. Note that summer classes are all part of the same evaluation
cycle, so evaluation reports for all summer classes will become available the week following SU3's grade
submission deadline. Evaluation reports will only be generated for classes where at least 3 students
submitted a completed evaluation.
- Each faculty member is responsible for the secure storage of their own course evaluations from semester
to semester. These will be needed for your reviews, and tenure and promotion documents. Should you lose
access, your department should have a copy of your evaluations on file. Decision Support
WILL NOT be responsible for providing access to previous term
- Each department is responsible for the secure storage of their faculty and department evaluations for future use. As Administrative Assistants, Department Chairs, and Deans change, new employees will need to be able to access these files from within the department/college. Decision Support WILL NOT be responsible for providing access to previous term files.